Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Not your every day sugar flower

I am always up for a challenge when it comes to making sugar flowers. Although other sugar artists have made all the same flowers I have we all seem to end up with just a different take on it. It is how one sees it or the flower we are modeling it after. Color has to do a lot with I have decided. I love tropical flowers and the unusual. Not that all flowers are great to add to a cake, but they look just great in a nice container.

It is the challenge of making those fragile petals that easily break, getting the right size on an overly sized flower, or just making a flower you have never seen or heard of. No matter what I make it is always a challenge to make it a bit different or better the next time.

Tropical gumpaste flower arrangement
This was the first arrangement I entered in a show. There are Moth Orchids, Antherium, Ginger, Bird of Paradise, Hibiscus, Star of Bethlehem Orchids.

2 comments:

  1. Stunning work! :)

    Thanks for entering our gievaway on Bird's party! :)
    XO
    Bird

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this is incredible. I wish I had your patience and talent with those flower.
    Really amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete