Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Before they are transformed

When I start to make sugar flowers I get all excited to see the end result and visualize in my head what I want them to look like. I know beside making the flower itself I will need to add the extra details and colors.

When I first started to make sugar flowers and saw them at this stage, which is what I call the first stage I thought they wouldn't look like a real flower when they are done. There they sat drying and I just couldn't wait for stage 2...


gumpaste Lilacs drying

So, I thought I would post these lilacs at stage 1 in the Styrofoam drying and waiting for stage 2.. my favorite part to add the color and start to bring them to life.  This is a close up...
gumpaste lilacs
Adding the color requires mixing and matching dusting powders... deciding what part of the flower I want to add it to and how many different shades I want.. I can get caught up in it since it is sometimes like creating your own garden.

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see them finished. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Shaile

    Oh they are so pretty! I love lilacs! We have lots of them in Hokkaido. The light purple is really fascinating! There are many poems on lilacs, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete